Monday 17 July 2017

Review - Plum / boysenberry leather double camera harness from Pretty Dead Cow

I'd been looking for a camera harness for a while, I loved the idea of having something that would help spread the weight of 2 cameras and lenses during my event work but couldn't justify the £200+ price I'd found online.

A friend suggested I try Etsy and a quick search found Erik's shop, known as Pretty Dead Cow. I looked at the more traditional colours of leather but when I found the plum / boysenberry option I was totally smitten! It also helped that this handmade item was half the price of the others I'd seen.

When the harness arrived a few days ago, I was keen to try it out.





The concept is very simple - there are 2 loops that cross in an X behind your back.




Hanging from the bottom of each loop is an extension that screws directly into the tripod fixing on your camera (there are also nylon security straps, not pictured here).




I'm looking forward to using the harness properly at my next wedding (in 2 weeks). I'll be share to get some photos of it in use and share them :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I'm thinking of getting one of these straps. How have you got on with yours?
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce, I really like the harness. It's saved my back from a lot of strain during full-day weddings and looks very smart. Well worth the investment.
      Sarah

      Delete