Tuesday 14 June 2016

What should I wear for my photo session?



One question I'm asked with nearly every booking is "What should I wear?" I'm not surprised it's a big concern, it's only natural to want to look your best in photos that you hope will be on your walls for years to come.

If you Google “What to wear in a photo session”, you'll found endless hints, tips and tricks and a lot of them contradict each other. Prints are good, prints are bad. Avoid bright colours, bright colours can look amazing. Everyone should match, matching is so 1990s. Shoes, no shoes. Jewellery, no jewellery. It's all very confusing.

My advice would be to avoid large logos (you'll look like an advert), very small prints (they can distort) and up-to-the-minute fashion trends (nothing ages faster). Make sure you're comfortable and confident in what you're wearing, if you feel good in what you're wearing then it will show in your photographs. If you have a strong personal style then let it shine! 

As a final note, please consider the location of your session, especially when it comes to footwear. Sessions at Coombe Hill, for example, will demand a different outfit to one in the comfort of your own home (where I'm a lot less likely to suggest climbing a tree!)






No comments:

Post a Comment