Tuesday 12 January 2016

Looking back at 2015


Now that we're getting into 2016, it's a good time to look back at the year that's just ended. I took a while to look at the photos from my last year and I chose some favourites. Let me tell you a little about them.

1) Fun at Little Miss C's 4th birthday party. This is when I met the lovely Emma who owns the local franchise of Creation Station. I love the joy and movement in this photo!



2) Charity Zumbathon - I'm a huge fan of Zumba and this was a great event to raise money for two local cancer charities, we had a brilliant time.


3) A big family gathering in Warwickshire - the house was amazing and the family had lots of birthdays to celebrate. At events I always try to step back and get a photo that sums up the feeling of the whole crowd and this one worked very well.


4) H & R's joint Christening - I love happy family events and this was so joyful! The children looked beautiful and everyone was smiling all afternoon.


5) J& P's wedding - I have a lot to thank this lovely couple for, it was such an honour to share their special day. They were amazing to trust me with the photography as this was my first official wedding (I think I was more nervous than they were).


6) 50th wedding anniversary - Mr and Mrs B held a large family party to celebrate their milestone wedding anniversary. I loved the way this photo captured the cake and their wedding photo.




7) Royal Albert Hall - I was at this concert to take some photos for the lighting company, I can't use those photos online so this is actually one taken with my phone from my seat in the stalls. Such a beautiful venue and the music was brilliant too.


8) The M family - I had the most fun with Mr and Mrs M and the gorgeous H. He was reluctant at first but we ended up chasing each other around Coombe Hill and having lots of giggles. This is one of my favourite photos that I've ever taken, look at how much fun this family has!


9) Baby M - The family had won the photo session at a local charity event (I often donate vouchers to raffles and auctions) and it was a pleasure to meet them. As a Mum of 3 boys, it was lovely to spend some time with this beautiful baby girl.


10) - Swingtime Sweethearts - A friend and I went to the Ideal Home Show at Christmas event in late November. We really enjoyed the whole thing but the musical entertainment was a highlight for me, I love this photo of one of the singers, such joy!


11) K & L's engagement - This gorgeous couple are so obviously in love and it was wonderful to spend some time getting to know them one beautiful evening at Coombe Hill. They are due to get married this coming December and I'm really looking forward to sharing their special day.


12) - Fabulous S at the Creation Station Christmas event - This was a great event on Small Business Saturday in partnership with Creation Station. I had lots of brilliant children and families come to have their photos taken but the fabulous S stood out a mile. Here's my favourite shot of this amazingly photogenic boy!


So, that's 2015. Massive thanks to everyone I met this year, it's been a lot of fun. Let's hope 2016 is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment